[sinod] Wednesday 16th: our first talgu day

Luc Saffre luc at saffre-rumma.net
Sun Feb 13 21:08:36 UTC 2022

Tere sinoditalgulised!

as announced (and unless some new surprise happens), our first talgu day
will start this Wednesday at 12h30 in Pirita Klooster (Merivälja tee 18)
and end at 17:00. Those who can, are invited to stay one more hour for
the mass, which starts at 17:00.

We will be 8 participants (3 pastors and 5 lay persons, 7 men and 1
woman, 4 Catholics, 2 Lutherans, 1 Anglican and 1 Orthodox).

Besides the 8 "physical" participants, there a 8 more team members who
can't come but we count on them to pray for us.

It would be great if those who cannot participate physically could send
me a simple sentence of greeting or blessing, which I would read at the
beginning of the meeting.

Our working language will be Estonian.

Our goal is to write a common text to which we all consent and which
expresses what we have to say at the Synod on Synodality. The "agenda"
on my website (Agenda for the first talgu meeting
<https://hw.saffre-rumma.net/sc/talgud/1/>) is only what I personally
imagine at the moment for this text. I am preparing a printable document
as our instrumentum laboris
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Instrumentum_laboris>. It is possible
that none of my suggestions will be accepted. I don't expect us to
finish our text during the first meeting. We will decide after the first
meeting whether there will be more meetings. I have never done such a
project before, so everything is possible.

You are welcome to bring your notebook computer with you, maybe you will
use it.

There will be moments of prayer. If you have some favourite song or
prayer text, bring it with you so that we can use it.

About money. Pirita convent financially relies on their work as a hotel
business, and tourism isn't doing very well at these times. Their normal
price is 20€ for a meal with dessert, and I promised that we will pay
this price + a donation for the room rent. But money should not be an
obstacle for anybody to participate. So I will ask everybody to
contribute as much as you feel able to contribute, and I bet that the
total will be enough (if I lose my bet, I will pay what is missing :-).

Luc